Professional services business advisory
While you are focussing on providing the best services and solutions to your client’s business, who is looking after yours?
Professional advisers have so many demands on their time – clients, staff, technical skills, marketing, compliance – let alone running a business.
We know first hand the demands of running a successful professional practice in small, medium and large firms both in client facing roles or as head of finance and operations.
- Reviewing, process mapping and re-engineering the processes and procedures from the operational and “back office” to matter and job management to improve efficiencies and service delivery
- Effectively managing key business risks and implementing appropriate governance and regulatory compliance
- Developing procedure and policy documentation and workflows
- Finding efficiencies and cost savings in your business operations
- Measuring profitability and developing and analysing business drivers and KPIs
- General business reporting
- Setting and tracking budgets
- Overseeing critical business improvement projects such as implementing offshoring or a paperless office
- Project managing the implementation of a new practice management system in coordination with the vendor