Tax advisory and structuring
Tax is invariably the biggest cost in any business and an essential consideration when structuring or acquiring a new business, reorganising a current business or when it’s time to exit the business.
We advise on all areas of corporate income tax and capital gains tax and the associated structuring for business operations and transactions. This includes GST issues and duty concessions.
We have particular expertise in:
- Tax consequences of mergers, acquisitions and business sales
- Tax effective structuring and reorganisation of corporate groups for asset protection and effective business exits
- Corporate capital management such as dividends, share buy backs and capital reductions
- Tax effective structuring of finance arrangements
- Cross border issues including withholding tax, thin capitalisation and transfer pricing
We work as trusted advisers to businesses and their owners or with their existing advisers through all stages of the business life-cycle; start-up, expansion, capital raising and exits.